Aug 26, 2014

Preparation for 8/28: course blog, your blog, blogging dates, your letter

Hello, everyone.

In preparation for Thursday's class, I have asked you to take care of these few -- but important -- tasks:

  • if you have not already done so, complete the ENC 4404 questionnaire (distributed  in class);
  • accept my invitation to our course blog (you'll get this in an e-mail, and I have given you some basic instructions on navigating the blog on the handout distributed in class);
  • create your own blog (get as far as you can, referring to <this 3-minute tutorial> courtesy of Ms. Spiezo) and e-mail me the URL or address of your blog once it has been set up;
  • send me an e-mail with your top 3 preferences for dates when you will <initiate discussion on the blog> (9/11, 9/16, 9/30, 10/9, 10/30, 11/6); 
  • compose a "Goals" letter (and bring 2 printed copies to Thursday's class). In that letter, discuss your learning and writing goals for this semester, telling me what kind(s) of expertise you are hoping to gain or what kind(s) of breakthrough(s) you are hoping to achieve. Write something that you wouldn't mind having 2 or 3 of your peers read, but format it and shape it in such a way that it also effectively communicates to me. Give your letter purpose, content, maturity, and style.

I look forward to continuing our discussion on Thursday!


-Prof. Graban