Dec 2, 2014

Final Preparation for 12/4: Wikipedia Project Home Stretch

Dear All,

As a courtesy reminder, you are -- in teams and/or individually -- finishing up your revision, editing, and polishing tasks on our Wikipedia article by the beginning of class time on Thursday. (I know that in some cases, late inspiration will hit and some of you will want to contribute new content, including examples and relevant case studies. That's perfectly fine. We have 48 hours to make this article really ours and really matter!) We'll have one final phase to navigate together in the first few moments of Thursday's class, but by and large, I am giving us all permission to take collective ownership of the piece as it is shaping up nicely. I realize this involves a bit of creative chaos, and that's why we'll have a few final moments together on Thursday to settle any disputes (should any arise) about formatting. (As I mentioned in my last post, collectively smoothing over with a group of writers as large as our class is challenging, but it can be done.) I am on hand between now and then, and I'm quite excited to see us work toward a finish.

You are also (per the Wikipedia assignment sheet) composing your Analytic Reflection for the Wikipedia Assignment. It's no secret that one of my desires is for you to master the art of critical reflection, and so think of this as a penultimate opportunity to reflect with some depth on your experiences and also teach us critical concepts in the process.

And finally, please do bring a shorter (less formal) reflection to class for my eyes only, letting me know how the Wikipedia project has gone for you.

See you on Thursday,
-Prof. Graban